Inform yourself about how EAPP funds meetings where experts discuss state-of-the-art research on a specific topic
Purpose of expert meetings
The European Association of Personality Psychology encourages the organization of small scientific meetings of experts in the area of personality research.
The purpose of these meetings will be to:
a) contribute to the critical assessment of knowledge and of new developments in personality psychology;
b) identify promising new directions for future research;
c) provide an advanced level forum for intensive discussion on cutting edge issues in personality psychology and related disciplines between qualified experts and selected young researchers.
d) promote the exchange of ideas and research co-operation between EAPP personality psychologists and scientists from related disciplines and scientific associations.
Structure of expert meetings
1) These expert meetings will have a duration of 2 to 3 days.
2) They will be group meetings that will involve at least 10 and at most 30 participants who will be invited to contribute their expertise.
3) At least half of the participants should be EAPP members.
4) The majority of the participants should be highly qualified scientists who have made significant contributions to the field of personality psychology. However, a smaller number of participants could be promising young researchers.
5) EAPP will financially support one meeting a year, although the Executive Committee (EC) of the association will exercise discretion on this rule.
Support and application
EAPP will financially support one meeting a year, although the Executive Committee (EC) of the association will exercise discretion on this rule. Expert meeting will be funded with a maximum of € 10000. Applications for a grant will be reviewed and a final decision will be made at the next EC meeting.
In even-numbered years applications should be sent to the EAPP secretary by the 31th of January, in odd-numbered years by the 31th of October.
EAPP Expert Meetings
|Conceptualizing and assessing personality: New approaches to fundamental questions||2018, September||Edinburgh, UK|
|Life events and personality change||2018, September||Berlin, Germany|
|New approaches to measurement of personality: translational thoughts towards applied and clinical settings||2016, September 22-24||Hof Ter Duinen Nieuwpoort, Belgium|
|Integrating personality structure and processes||2015, July 27-29||Annweiler am Trifels, Germany|
|Situations and person-situation interactions||2013, August 23 - 25||Berlin, Germany|
|Reducing non-replicable findings in personality research||2012, July 14-16||Trieste, Italy|
|Personality and Culture||2010, September 29 - October 1||Lausanne, Switzerland|
|Virtues, Values and Personality||2009, October 28-30||Rome, Italy|