Promoting scholarly excellence
EAPP believes in honoring and recognizing scientific achievements by means of awards at various career levels.
EAPP Career Awards (2012-now)
Starting in 2012, EAPP has implemented a system of three awards focusing on different career stages (this replaced the Distinguished Personality Psychologist Award system that was in place in 2008 and 2010, see below). Starting in 2020, the dissertation award will further complement the EAPP career awards. The purpose of our career awards is to increase the visibility of personality psychology both to the scientific community as well as to the general public. Awards consist a plaque and an honorarium of 1,000 Euro. The Early Achievement Award also comes with one year of free membership of EAPP.
- Outstanding program of research
- Contribution to personality psychology in Europe
- Attending the European Conference on Personality where the award ceremony takes place (registration fee as well as the costs for traveling and accommodation will be sponsored by EAPP)
Dissertation Award (starting in 2020)
The award honors and promotes up to two excellent dissertations within personality psychology to increase the visibility of outstanding young personality psychologists both to the scientific community as well as to the general public.
- PhD within the last two years before the reception of the award
Early Achievement Award
The award is given to a young psychologist whose extraordinary early achievements in personality psychology have already made a significant impact in the field. It is given every two years.
- PhD within 11 years at the month of reception of the award
The award honors personality psychologists with a mature, influential record of research.
- Active membership in EAPP
- Active involvement in research at the time of nomination
- PhD awarded 12-25 years previously
Life-Time Achievement Award
The award honors outstanding researchers whose life work has had a significant and profound impact on the field of personality psychology.
- Active membership (or having applied for membership) of EAPP
ECP Poster Awards
Poster presentations are an important and efficient means to exchange ideas and results at modern scientific conferences. Since the 9th European Conference on Personality (ECP-9, Guilford, UK, 1998), the EAPP has the tradition to award poster presentations of high quality.
The winners receive a certificate and prize money depending on the ranking of the poster:
- First prize: 500€
- Second prize: 300€
- Third prize: 200€
Distinguished Personality Psychologist Award (2008 and 2010)
In 2008 and 2010, EAPP awarded a Distinguished Personality Psychologist Award to honor outstanding contributions to European personality psychology. These awards were the forerunner of the Life-Time Achievement Award and the Mid-Career Award, respectively.